27 November 2019
Although access to schools has seen improvement, the main challenge of the day now lies in its quality and delivery. Given changing modes of education delivery and recent policy developments, approaches to overcome challenges need to be innovative and effective.
With the proposed revision in the National Education Policy, it is an indication of India’s pressing needs and a strong call for deeper collaboration on all fronts.
To improve education outcomes in India, the Forum will convene policymaker experts and specially invited AVPN members to catalyse private-policy joint efforts. The interactive programme will:
- Unpack the state of education funding in India;
- Showcase cross-sector perspectives based on newly-surfaced policy developments;
- Identify policymaker collaboration opportunities through curated AVPN platforms.
The AVPN India Policy Forum 2019 will explore emergent opportunities for how collaborations within government and partnerships with the private sector resources can build capacity for the ecosystem to work more effectively.
Who should attend?
- National, state and municipal policymakers and policy advisors seeking collaboration with the social and impact investment community for education outcomes. For example, representatives from Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), NITI Aayog, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and Heads of Anganwadi centres
- Specially invited AVPN members, social purpose organisations, policy fellows and other partners ready and seeking cross-sector collaboration opportunities in education
- Think-tanks, policy influencers, evidence and data labs